Current track




Written by on November 23, 2021

A three-to-four-year-old girl has died after she was burnt in inferno.

The incident happened in Kitwe’s Twatasha Compound last night around 22:00 hours while parents to girl where out on a drinking spree.

A check by Flava Fm News found the debris of some household goods which included bread and mealie.

Neighbours helped in putting out the fire while Police came in to pick up the body of the deceased.

Young sister to the deceased’s Mother Esther Matafwali narrated that she found the children alone after knocking off with a candle lit.

Ms Matafwali told the children to put out the candle light until she is back from the market to get them food since their parents were not around.

Upon arrival at the house, she heard neighbours shouting that there is fire in the house and that the child has been burnt.

She narrated how Parents were called to inform them about the sad development and upon arrival the mother fainted and was rushed to Kitwe Teaching Hospital together with the deceased.

And Twatasha Community Crime Prevention Unit CCPU member Mizeko Luka explained that the child was badly burnt.

Meanwhile, Twatasha Ward Councillor Felix Mwalumuna has expressed sorrow over the death of the girl child calling on parents to learn a lesson from what has happened.

Councillor Mwalumuna says it is being irresponsible for parents to leave their children unattended to over beer urging Police to heighten patrols and ensure that no Bar operates beyond 22:00 hours.

The Mother to the deceased is currently in Police Custody at Garneton Police Post while the father’s whereabouts are yet not known.

By Raphael Mulenga

Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

× Chat with us on WhatsApp